Before you begin:
Anyone 18 years or older must submit an application. In order to accurately process a multiple party application, please notify us of the names of all associated applicants (including married couples). Applications submitted without photo ID or payment will not be processed until payment is received.
Application Fee for applications run through the Corporate Office-$50/adult
Application Fee for applications run through the Onsite Manager Office-$40/adult
In order to qualify, you will need the following:
• A Satisfactory Credit Rating (Social Security card/data must be provided upon request. TMG will not rent to persons existing here illegally)
• Verifiable Rental History that is Favorable
• Proof of gross income that is 3 X Rent
• Photo ID
• Clear picture of your dog, if applicable.
If you have a pet, please make sure you have chosen a home or apartment that will allow a pet, and that your pet is of a qualified breed and size.
Step 1: Turn in Application, proof of income & pay the application fee.
It should take approximately 15 minutes to Deposit Approve your application. (Landlord, criminal, income, etc. verification is required for full approval.)
Step 2: When your Application is Deposit Approved, please pay the security deposit and non-refundable fee (if applies). Please note that the property is not reserved until this deposit to hold has been received.
Step 3: If the home or apartment is "rent ready" – then the rent typically will need to start no later than one week. If the home or apartment is still occupied or is not rent ready, the rent will need to start no later than one week after it becomes "rent ready". Of course you may move in as soon as the home and your lease paperwork are ready and rent will start immediately.
Step 4: Make an appointment to review and sign the lease paperwork, pay the first month’s rent and other funds due, submit your utility account numbers, proof of renter’s insurance, photo ID and collect your keys. Happy Moving Day!
For a detailed description of the items needed to qualify your application, or for items that would disqualify your application, please continue.
Current TMG residents: If your account is in good standing and you are thinking of transferring to another TMG property – ask about the TMG Transfer Policy. If you have questions, please ask – we are here to help you qualify!
TMG uses a point system to qualify applications and uses the criteria listed below for calculations. Additional deposits, if applicable, will be assessed according to the highest risk score of the party for applications run through the Onsite Manager Office or for a SCRP property (MF unit that is run through the Corporate Office but does not have an Onsite Manager).
Additional deposits, if applicable, will be assessed according to each individual’s score. All resulting deposits will be owed for the entire party, for applications run through the Corporate Office for a Single Family property.
• FICO score: Under 500=6 points (auto denial for Corporate Office run application), 500-649 or No Score=3.5 points, 650+=0 points.
• If No Score, or more information is needed, full approval may be required in order to accept your Deposit To Hold.
• We will check for rental or mortgage history of three years or two landlords (your name must have been on the lease or loan agreement from a non-relative). We reserve the right to consider references that may exceed that timeframe. Any instance where a reference of at least 12 months (can be a combination of multiple references) cannot be obtained, a deposit equal to one month’s rent will be required, in addition to normal security deposits.
• Negative current or past reference items will incur 1 (one) point each. An eviction, not included in a bankruptcy, will disqualify an applicant.
• All applicants may combine their income to meet the requirement of grossing 3 times the rent.
o Please provide a recent paycheck stub (more than 1 must be provided, upon request)
o Any other income (i.e. retirement income, child or spousal support, self-employment, disability or Social Security) that you are using to qualify will require 90 days’ worth of bank statements, showing monthly deposits that meet the 3 times the rent requirement.
o Alternatively, you may show 90 days’ worth of bank statements, showing a balance equal to 3 times the rent, times the term of the lease.
• If an applicant does not meet 3 times the rent, a family member or guardian may be a co-signer, as long as they prove 5 times the rent and have 0 points. The co-signer must pass the complete background check (criminal, credit, rental, etc.).
• A current, non-discharged Bankruptcy action, Falsified information, Eviction less than 5 years, Housing related debt or Rental reference that would not re-rent for documented reasons.
• An applicant will be denied if they have been convicted, pled guilty or no contest to a felony crime in the last 7 years.
• Any misdemeanor in the last three years will be a disqualification. A misdemeanor over three years ago is not looked at and will not cause your application to be denied. (Exception: criminal vehicle or licensing records are not counted; i.e. DUI, fishing w/o license, etc.)
While your score may be sufficient to be approved, you may also be required to pay additional security deposits, depending on your actual score. If your application exceeds the number of allowable points, we are sorry, but we will be unable to offer you residency at this time.
Roommates: If one roommate qualifies, and one does not (too many points), the primary roommate (who completely qualifies) may lease the property with the non-qualifying roommate listed as a conditional roommate, and subject to a security deposit equal to one month’s rent, in addition to normal security deposits, with the stipulation that if the qualified roommate moved, the secondary roommate would have to re-qualify on their own, find another qualified roommate, or vacate the property. This does not apply to a roommate that has any of the Immediate Disqualifications.
Pets: If a property or apartment community accepts pets, the following may apply: **A pet reference is required to have a pet on the property.
• An additional pet security deposit, pet non-refundable fee and pet rent, typically per pet, will be due.
• Houses, condos & plexes typically will allow two pets of up to 35 lbs, full grown.
• Apartment communities typically will allow two pets with varying weight criteria.
• No property will allow any dogs of a perceived vicious breed (or mixture thereof): Pit bull, Doberman, Rottweiler, German shepherd, etc. A picture of your dog(s) is required at application.
**Please remember, not all properties will allow a pet and you should look carefully before choosing your home if you have a pet.
Renter’s Insurance: Upon move in, and through the duration of tenancy, all tenants must provide proof of renter’s insurance, which includes a minimum of $100,000 legal liability for damage to the landlord’s property. Tenant may purchase required insurance from an insurance agent of their choice.
The tenant screening may consist of, but not limited to the following: credit, criminal, eviction, public records, current and former landlord references, verification of income, other sources and screening reports obtained through an authorized reporting agency: AppFolio, Inc., 50 Castilian Dr., Santa Barbara, CA 93117, Toll free: 866.648.1536 (Option 3 for Consumer Relations). You may request a free credit report within 60 days of adverse action/denial. You have the right to dispute any or all information. Your application will be processed as quickly as possible. We expect it to take approximately 15 minutes to be Deposit Approved, and approximately 24-48hours to be Fully Approved; however, that is dependent on the receipt of the necessary information from those involved in the process, including you.
Application fee: $40.00
You are applying to rent:
5264 NE 121st Ave #Q142
Vancouver, WA 98682